Maud Faassen, 1999 NL
Maud Faassen’s artistic research revolves around the questions: Who am I? and what is my presence in this world?
These questions are being researched through the creation of presence and absence through the transience of time. Through the motions and traces that by doing so come to exist and are left behind.
Their practice is formed by performances and mixed media installations.
Working with natural materials is key because Maud finds these kinds of materials to be pure and true to the bases of the world around us. Hereby Maud can come the closest to their artistic research which finds its essence in the bases of life itself.
Maud Faassen’s practice and research finds its origins in softness and empathy. The world around us is their collocutor and in conversations it’s important to be respectful, listen and just be.
Art collective: KWARK
Founded in november 2018
Apprentice Master Project 2020/2021
Kunstpodium T, Tilburg
5/03 – .. Group Show: 2nd Edition Tiny Art Gallery (the hague), The Netherlands
Group show: TAC was here, TAC (eindhoven), The Netherlands
Duo show: at Platform LivingRoom (Rotterdam), The Netherlands
26/10 – 15/11 Residency: WitteRook (Breda), The Netherlands
– Group Show: Mo|nu|mentum, Apprentice Master #2, de Omstand, The Netherlands
– Duo show: Unfolding Time, museum van alle tijden, The Netherlands
– Performance: We build a Wall, KOP, The Netherlands
– Group show: Under pressure, a non-graduation show, De melkfabiek, The Netherlands
– Residency: AnnAtopia, Baarle-Nassau, The Netherlands
– Group show: Kruisbestuiving Eindhoven, The Netherlands
2016-2019 Fine Arts and Education (no diploma)
At Fontys School of Fine and Performing Arts